Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Diagnostic Essay; The Best Vacation




The Best Vacation

Anyone who works for a living will agree that vacations are a way to escape from their reality, even if only for a little while. I have been known to leave town for a day or two, but nothing can ever comes close to helping me relax more than my favorite place to visit, Lake Gaston.

Going up to the lake gives me a chance to enjoy the simpler things in life. Taking the boat out on the water for a day of aquatic activities is one way of enjoying my free time. I will attempt to wake board until I can no longer stand on the board. Once I have no strength left, I will stop the boat and hop into the water. There I will just float, drink, and relax for hours. Another reason I enjoy vacationing at Lake Gaston is it gives me a chance to reconnect with my family. All of us lead such separate lives that, while we are there, it allows everyone to share what is going on in one another. Not to mention, getting us all together is bound to create new and hilarious memories. At the end of the day, just before the sun goes down is when I truly get time to unwind. Sometimes, I will just sit down by the water with a cold beer in hand and watch the boaters pass by. Other times, I am down at the pier with a fishing pole trying to catch the ever elusive record breaking catfish.

For many people going to exotic places is their idea of a great vacation. My idea of a great get away is about two hours away from Norfolk on the boarder of Virginia and North Carolina. Peaceful evenings and family time make this destination the perfect place to get away from it all.


Picture was taken from the website: www.ripnsix.com/wakeboarding/

No comments:

Post a Comment